The LEGO Ninjago Movie featuring Dave Franco and Jackie Chan hits Blu-ray and DVD December 19 via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.During its release the feature amassed nearly $120 million worldwide at the box office.
The narrative centers on Lloyd (Franco), a high school student who moonlights as night as a secret ninja warrior (a green one to be exact). Mentored by Master Wu (Chan), Lloyd and his fellow ninjas aim to defeat the evil warlord Garmadon (Justin Theroux) who also happens to be Lloyd’s father!
Click on the media bar below to hear Justin Theroux talk about the universal appeal of the LEGO franchise:
Special features on the Blu-ray include numerous featurettes (“Team Supreme: Building Ninjago,” “Rumble in the Bricks,” “Rebrick Contest Winners”), two mini-movies (“Which Way to the Ocean,” “Zane’s Stand Up Promo,” “The Master: A LEGO Ninjago Short”), several music videos, a LEGO Ninjago TV series sneak peak, several music videos, and deleted scenes. The DVD versions comes with deleted scenes and the TV series sneak peek.
Happy Death Day was the #1 film in its debut weekend, taking in $26.5 million to beat easily beat out the competition. Blade Runner 2049 came in at the second spot with $15.1 million which, considering its budget is estimated at $150 million, was a disappointing showing. Here’s this weekend’s top 10:
1. Happy Death Day – $26.5 million
2. Blade Runner 2049 – $15.1 million
3. The Foreigner – Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan action flick takes in $12.8 million.
4. It – One of this year’s biggest hits collects $6 million this weekend.
5.The Mountain Between Us – Kate Winslet and Idris Elba drama rakes in $5.65 million and to date it’s amassed over $20 million at the box office.
6. American Made – $5.4 million
7. Kingsman: The Golden Circle – $5.3 million
8. The LEGO Ninjago Movie – $4.3 million
9. My Little Pony: The Movie – $4 million
10. Victoria and Abdul – Critically beloved film collects $3.1 million and to date it’s made over $40 million worldwide.
Although it was the clear cut #1 earner at the box office, Blade Runner 2049 still disappointed with its $31.5 million showing since its budget is estimated at $150 million. Fellow newcomer The Mountain Between Us also under performed with a meager $10.1 million showing (though it did capture the second spot). Overall it was a disappointing box office weekend, as many moviegoers simply decided to spend their weekends elsewhere. Here’s the top 10:
1. Blade Runner 2049 – $31.5 million
2. The Mountain Between Us – Iris Elba and Kate Winslet’s star power wasn’t enough as this movie is a box office misfire. $10.1 million.
3. It – Hit movie collects $9.7 million and to date it’s amassed over $304 million domestically.
4. My Little Pony: The Movie – $8.8 million
5. Kingsman: The Golden Circle – $8.1 million
6. American Made – Tom Cruise flick makes $8 million this weekend and to date has a worldwide gross of $98 million.
7. The LEGO Ninjago Movie – $6.75 million
8. Victoria and Abdul – $4.1 million
9. Flatliners – Critically drubbed remake collects $3.8 million
Tom Cruise’s star power was no match for Pennywise, as It beat out newcomer American Made with another #1 showing at the box office. It, which has already made over $291 million domestically, took in $17.3 million while American Made collected $17.016 million. Kingsman: The Golden Circle was just a fraction behind with a $17 million showing. Here’s this weekend’s top 10:
1. It – $17.3 million.
2. American Made – Though its $17.016 million places it behind It, the movie has already amassed over $64 million internationally.
3. Kingsman: The Golden Circle – $17 million
4. The LEGO Ninjago Movie – Not as popular as the previous LEGO films, but it still takes in $12 million.
5. Flatliners – Unnecessary remake is dead on arrival with a $6.7 million debut.
6. Battle of the Sexes – $3.4 million
7. American Assassin – $3.3 million
8. Home Again – Reese Witherspoon comedy has been a box office disappointment with a domestic gross of $25 million. Flick makes $1.75 million this weekend.
9.Til Death Do Us Part – $1.56 million
10. mother! – Jennifer Lawrence film fails to catch fire at the box office with just $1.46 million.
Kingsman: The Golden Circle was the #1 film over the weekend as it made $39 million to beat out second place finisher It.Fellow newcomer The LEGO Ninjago Movie, saddled with lukewarm reviews, managed just a third place finish with $21 million. Here’s this weekend’s top 10:
1. Kingsman: The Golden Circle – $39 million
2. It – Flick has another strong weekend with $30 million and to date it has grossed over $266 million domestically.
3. The LEGO Ninjago Movie – $21 million
4. American Assassin -$6.2 million
5. Home Again – Reese Witherspoon comedy takes in $3.3 million
6. Mother! – Makes just $3.2 million in its second weekend and it’s a disappointing outing (at least box office wise) for Jennifer Lawrence.
7. Friend Request – This movie was unfriended by most moviegoers as it made just $2.4 million.
8. The Hitman’s Bodyguard – $1,85 million
9. Stronger – Jake Gyllenhaal movie makes $1.8 million in limited release.