Captain America: Civil War was a bonafide box-office hit with a worldwide take of $1.14 billion, and now the film is headed to Blu-ray on September 13 and Digital HD on September 2.
In this installment, Cap (Chris Evans) and Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) do not see eye to eye on how The Avengers should conduct their business. While Iron Man believes world governments should have a huge say on what The Avengers can and can’t do, Cap believes “Earth’s mightiest heroes” doesn’t need supervision.
The movie also featured the additions of scene-stealing actor Tom Holland as the latest iteration of Spider-Man and Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther. Daniel Brühl also stars as Zemo (Marvel Comics fans know him as the super-intelligent villain Baron Zemo), the man who plays a big part in this latest Avengers rift.
Bonus features on the disc include:
1. United We, Stand Divided We Fall – The Making of Captain America: Civil War Part 1 & Part 2 – This featurette looks at the origins of the Marvel story and discusses the inclusion of Spider-Man and Black Panther into this saga.
2. Captain America: The Road to Civil War – A look at Cap’s evolution from a dutiful and dedicated soldier to a superhero with a bit of trepidation towards the government (obviously, that’s easy to understand from the events that transpired in Captain America: The Winter Soldier).
3. Iron Man: The Road To Civil War – A look at Tony Stark and the evolution of Iron Man.
4. Gag Reel – Yuk yuks and funny moments from the set.
5. Deleted and extended scenes – Hopefully more scenes of Daniel Brühl which detail more of Zemo’s backstory and motivations are featured! Nevertheless, extra scenes from a good movie are always welcome!
6. Audio Commentary – Directors Anthony and Joe Russo, along with scribes Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely are featured on the track.
7. Open Your Mind: Marvel’s Doctor Strange – This exclusive sneak peek gives a preview of Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch). The movie, directed by Deliver Us From Evil filmmaker Scott Derrickson, comes out November 4, 2016.
**For our CinemAddicts review of Captain: America Civil War, click on the media bar below:
When he first signed on to the Captain Americafranchise, Chris Evans was worried about the lack of anonymity that it would bring him. He played the Human Torch for the two Fantastic Fourfilms, but playing one of Marvel’s most popular heroes was a huge step in his career. It’s a move that, to this day, he obviously doesn’t regret.
“Had I not done the movies, it would’ve been the biggest mistake of my life,” said Evans. “It really wouldn’ve been the biggest regret to date and there are plenty. It’s changed everything for me. I mean not just what it’s enabled me to do outside of these movies, but it’s so comforting knowing that you’re making good movies.”
To hear Chris Evans talk about taking on the Captain Americafranchise, click on the audio below:
Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which stars Samuel Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, and Robert Redford, opens nationwide Friday. If you want to check out Scarlett Johansson’s thoughts on the Black Widow’s transformation in the new film, go to our sister site Deepest Dream.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier will be the third chapter in Marvel Studios’ cinematic universe Phase 2. After having the stage set by last May’s Iron Man 3 and this November’s Thor: The Dark World (and with a handy assist from Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD on ABC), Winter Soldier finds the stalwart Captain Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) now fully initiated as a SHIELD operative and facing down a menace from his past which threatens the fate of the country; maybe even the world. (because, let’s be honest — it always threatens the world)
Along with some new threads, new allies like the Falcon (played by Runner Runner’sAnthony Mackie), and a new Washington, DC address, it appears Cap will also get some new moves. At a red carpet event for his new film, Evans spoke about the training Cap’s received since helping fight off an alien invasion in Marvel’s The Avengers. (Click the media bar below to hear Chris Evans)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier also stars Scarlett Johansson, Robert Redford, and Samuel L. Jackson, and is scheduled to hit theaters April 4, 2014.