Emma Watson may have two movies in the top ten, but unfortunately The Circle was no match for The Fate of the Furious which was once again the #1 film at the box office. The Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson flick checked in with $19.3 million, followed by a strong showing from How to be a Latin Lover with $12 million (good enough for second place). With just $9.3 million, The Circle came in at #4. Here’s this weekend’s top 10:
1. The Fate of the Furious – It makes $19.3 million this weekend and to date has a total domestic gross of $192 million.
2. How to be a Latin Lover – It makes a solid $12 million in its debut weekend, as its 10,750 per screen average take bodes well for this film’s longevity.
3. Baahubali 2: The Conclusion – Indian film also had a great debut with $10.1 million and a per screen average of $23,800!!
4. The Circle – Tom Hanks and Emma Watson film makes just $9.3 million. The budget is $18 million so this movie should make back its money.
5. The Boss Baby – $9 million
6. Beauty and the Beast – Emma Watson’s big hit for 2017 takes in $6.4 million and has amassed over $480 million in domestic receipts.
7. Going in Style – Remake directed by Zach Braff and starring Morgan Freeman collects $3.5 million.
8. Smurfs: The Lost Village – $3.3 million
9. Gifted – $3.3 million
10. Unforgettable – $2.3 million