Although it was projected to be a smash, Beauty and the Beast’s $170 million weekend take was a record breaking one for the month of March. With such a huge opening, the picture should easily be one of this year’s biggest money makers. Coming in a distant second was Kong: Skull Island with a solid $28.8 million. The Belko Experiment did not fare as well with a horrid #7 finish and $4 million debut. Here’s this weekend’s top 10:
1. Beauty and the Beast – $170 million
2. Kong: Skull Island – Way behind Beauty and the Beast, but good enough for second place! $28.8 million
3. Logan – Still going strong with $17.5 million. Thus far, it’s made over $184 million domestically.
4. Get Out – $13.2 million
5. The Shack – Faith based drama has done solid business with over $42 million in box office. This weekend, it makes $6.1 million
6. The LEGO Batman Movie – $4.7 million
7. The Belko Experiment – Thriller has a sub-par debut with just $4 million.
8. Hidden Figures – $1.5 million
9. John Wick: Chapter Two: $1.2 million
10. Before I Fall – Teen thriller has been unable to find a viable audience. It barely hangs on to the top ten with $1 million.