In just five days of release, The Hangover Part II has raked in over $138 million. By comparison, The Hangover did not reach the $100 million mark until its second weekend. Here’s the top 10 (numbers compiled over the four-day Memorial Day Weekend):
1. The Hangover Part II – $103 million. Internationally, the film has taken in over $59 million.
2. Kung Fu Panda 2 – $60 million, plus $57 million internationally.
3. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides – Critics may dog the film, but moviegoers have been more than happy to shell out cash for another Jack Sparrow adventure. $51 million. To date: $647 million worldwide.
4. Bridesmaids – The comedy continues to pull in solid numbers, as it made $21.4 million over the weekend.
5. Thor – $12 million.
6. Fast Five – $8.2 million. Worldwide: $545 million.
7. Midnight In Paris – Director Woody Allen’s best reviewed film in several years checks in at #7 with $2.6 million.
8. Something Borrowed – $2.5 million.
9. Jumping the Broom – $2.2 million.
10. Rio – $2.2 million.
Click on the media bar and listen to Bradley Cooper talk about working with the monkey in The Hangover Part II (director Todd Phillips is also heard in the clip):
Find Us On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com
Follow Us On Twitter: http://twitter.com/hollyoutbreak
posted by Greg Srisavasdi